Our Guest Commitment
Your safety and satisfaction have always been our top priority—but now more than ever. We've recently taken additional measures to ensure that your stay is worry-free from check-in to check-out, and every moment in between.
New Safety Measures
The good news? You can sit back, relax, and enjoy a great stay any time of year. Here's how we're updating our safety procedures to provide you with a comfortable environment:
- Additional surface and environmental sanitizing measures within guestrooms, public spaces, dining areas, conference areas and recreation areas with emphasis on common touchpoint surfaces and gathering areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout common gathering areas along with sanitizing wipes available within guestrooms and at dining/conference areas. (When available, based on supply chain.)
- Minimization of select items within guestrooms with increased “by request” availability. You may see fewer items in your room in order to streamline sanitization practices, however, any items that have been removed are always available upon request.
- When able, increased “rest time” of vacant rooms between departures and new arrivals in order to let the air settle and increase the effectiveness of sanitization procedures.
- Modified stayover service of guestrooms in order to maximize social distancing and minimize the need for team members entering your hotel room.
- Signage throughout the hotel and recreational facilities reminding everyone of the importance of practicing social distancing as well as proper hygiene.
- Modified capacity signage at common gathering areas indicating updated capacity expectations for the ability to effectively practice social distancing.
- Addition of social distancing floor spacing signage at common line-up and gathering areas.
- Modification of payment acceptance procedures throughout the property to encourage less overall contact and less potential for cash exchange while facilitating more ease of distancing.
- Modified regulation of recreational amenities to better facilitate social distancing expectations.
- Modified conference and social gathering set-up abilities in order to better facilitate social distancing.
- Increased spacing of seating throughout dining areas and lounge areas where possible.
- Minimization of select service items typically kept out and available to guests. These items are always available upon request.
- Additional PPE in use by team members, front and back-of-house, front and back-of-house, along with additional training on proper use of newly added PPE and retraining on use of prior existing PPE.
- Continual supervisory monitoring of team members regarding health code compliance, use of PPE and hygienic practices (proper handwashing, facial contact and more).
- Clear barriers installed at select common interaction areas.
- Supervisor screening process of team members upon start of work shifts regarding hygiene, use of PPE and potential health concerns.
- If you feel ill, avoid traveling. Book in advance, if possible. Planning ahead will help us ensure the health and safety of you and our staff.
- Limit lobby check-in to one person per group.
- Face masks or coverings are encouraged, but not required.
- Follow social distancing signage noted throughout the building.
- Pool area occupancy varies pending city/state mandates on people per square foot. Check with the front desk on pool availability—playtime reservations may be required.
- Additional social distancing, health, and safety measures will be discussed upon your arrival.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
For cuurent South Dakota-specific information regarding COVID-19, visit covid.sd.gov.
2021 FAQ's (Prime Season)
What Lodges will be open for the 2021 Season?
All four (4) Lodges will be open for the 2021 season.
What Restaurants are open?
Sylvan Lake Lodge: Open 7am to 8pm serving limited Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Reservations strongly encouraged. Closed for the season Oct 23.
State Game Lodge: Open 7am to 8pm serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Reservations strongly encouraged. Closed for the season Oct 23.
Blue Bell Lodge: Open 7am to 8pm for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Reservations strongly encouraged. Closed for the season Oct 23.
Legion Lake Lodge: Open daily 10am to 6pm for Grab-n-go. First-come, first-served. Closed for the season October 15.
Did anything change with Checking in & out?
Due to the additional surface and environmental sanitizing measures that have been implemented within guestrooms, our traditional 3pm check-in time has been temporarily pushed to 4pm.
Early check-in is not available.
Check-out times will be strictly enforced.
Has anything changed in the lodge rooms and cabins?
In-room housekeeping service will not be provided currently.
Additional linens, towels and toiletries are available by contact-free delivery by contacting the Front Desk.
Rigorous cleaning and sanitizing proceedures have been implemented. See below Additional Safety Measures.
Decluttering of guestroom and removal of reusable items from guest rooms including collateral.
Do your guest rooms have mini refrigerators, microwaves & coffee makers?
Yes. All lodge rooms and cabins have a mini refrigerator or larger. Coffee makers will be in the room or available by request from the Front Desk. All have microwaves. Due to nationwide shortages, in-room coffee products are limited. Some cabins have kitchenettes or full kitchens.
Have your public spaces, such as your lobby, changed?
See Updated Safety Measures above.
Are your lakes open for swimming?
Yes, all swimming lakes are open seasonally.
What other Custer State Park Resort Activities are operating?
All Custer State Park Resort activities are now available.
- Buffalo Safari Tours: Tours are now operating as normal (including winter, by advance reservation only). The jeeps are open-air. Advance Reservations required. 605-255-4388
- Chuckwagon Cookout: Opening as normal based on demand for 2021 season at the beginning of May. Advance Reservations highly recommended: 605-255-4388
- Trail Rides: Planning to open May 7 for the 2021 season, as normal. Advance reservations strongly recommended: 605-255-4700
- Watercraft Rentals: Opening in May for season 2021, as weather permits. First-come, first-served.
Has anything changed with Catering & Events?
No group size restrictions are currently being enforced. Our catering and events team will collaborate with planners to reimagine their events with new meeting set ups, food service protocols, and specific options.
Updated: October 4, 2021