Our Guest Commitment
Your safety and satisfaction have always been our top priority—but now more than ever. We've recently taken additional measures to ensure that your stay is worry-free from check-in to check-out, and every moment in between.
New Safety Measures
The good news? You can sit back, relax, and enjoy a great stay any time of year. Here's how we're updating our safety procedures to provide you with a comfortable environment:
- Additional surface and environmental sanitizing measures within guestrooms, public spaces, dining areas, conference areas and recreation areas with emphasis on common touchpoint surfaces and gathering areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout common gathering areas along with sanitizing wipes available within guestrooms and at dining/conference areas. (When available, based on supply chain.)
- Minimization of select items within guestrooms with increased “by request” availability. You may see fewer items in your room in order to streamline sanitization practices, however, any items that have been removed are always available upon request.
- When able, increased “rest time” of vacant rooms between departures and new arrivals in order to let the air settle and increase the effectiveness of sanitization procedures.
- Modified stayover service of guestrooms in order to maximize social distancing and minimize the need for team members entering your hotel room.
- Signage throughout the hotel and recreational facilities reminding everyone of the importance of practicing social distancing as well as proper hygiene.
- Modified capacity signage at common gathering areas indicating updated capacity expectations for the ability to effectively practice social distancing.
- Addition of social distancing floor spacing signage at common line-up and gathering areas.
- Modification of payment acceptance procedures throughout the property to encourage less overall contact and less potential for cash exchange while facilitating more ease of distancing.
- Modified regulation of recreational amenities to better facilitate social distancing expectations.
- Modified conference and social gathering set-up abilities in order to better facilitate social distancing – regardless of the nature of the event.
- Increased spacing of seating throughout dining areas and lounge areas.
- Minimization of select service items typically kept out and available to guests. These items are always available upon request.
- Updated menu offerings and serving styles for conference and social gatherings which limit common guest touchpoints as well as the need for gathering in close proximity (buffets, stations).
- Added attendee screening guidelines and related assistance provided to conferences and social gatherings.
- Additional PPE in use by team members, front and back-of-house, front and back-of-house, along with additional training on proper use of newly added PPE and retraining on use of prior existing PPE.
- Continual supervisory monitoring of team members regarding health code compliance, use of PPE and hygienic practices (proper handwashing, facial contact and more).
- Clear barriers installed at select common interaction areas.
- Supervisor screening process of team members upon start of work shifts regarding hygiene, use of PPE and potential health concerns.
- If you feel ill, avoid traveling. Book in advance, if possible. Planning ahead will help us ensure the health and safety of you and our staff.
- Limit lobby check-in to one person per group.
- Face masks or coverings are encouraged, but not required.
- Follow social distancing signage noted throughout the building.
- Pool area occupancy varies pending city/state mandates on people per square foot. Check with the front desk on pool availability—playtime reservations may be required.
- Additional social distancing, health, and safety measures will be discussed upon your arrival.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Our Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation policy has been altered to accommodate changes in travel plans. During these unique times, we are committed to ensuring a positive experience and flexibility as needed. Please call 888-875-0001 to cancel or change your reservation any time.
For cuurent South Dakota-specific information regarding COVID-19, visit covid.sd.gov.
2020 FAQS - Winter (Off-Season) Stays at Creekside Lodge
What Lodges are open for overnight winter stays?
We opened all four Custer State Park Resort properties for the 2020 season. As of October 18, 2020 we have resumed Winter (Off-Season). Creekside Lodge, as well as a handful of cabins, are open for overnight stays for Winter 2020/2021. Continental Breakfast has changed to a limited grab-n-go bag breakfast for the 2020/2021 Winter Season.
Did anything change with Checking in & out?
In addition to the safety measures outlined above, we have removed as much collateral as possible from check-in. Our Resort Activity Guides and Tatanka magazines are available by request, or from the Custer State Park Visitor Information Center.
Temporary disposable check-in packets have been implemented.
Due to the additional surface and environmental sanitizing measures that have been implemented within guestrooms, our traditional 3pm check-in time has been temporarily pushed to 4pm.
Early check-in is not available.
Check-out times will be strictly enforced.
Has anything changed in the lodge rooms and cabins?
In-room housekeeping service will not be provided currently.
Additional linens, towels and toiletries are available by contact-free delivery by contacting the Front Desk.
Rigorous cleaning and sanitizing proceedures have been implemented. See below Additional Safety Measures.
Decluttering of guestroom and removal of reusable items from guest rooms including collateral.
Do your guest rooms have mini refrigerators & coffee makers?
Yes. All lodge rooms and cabins have a mini refrigerator or larger. Coffee makers will be in the room or available by request from the Front Desk. Due to nationwide shortages, in-room coffee products are limited.
Have your public spaces, such as your lobby, changed?
See Updated Safety Measures above.
Are your lakes open for swimming?
Yes, all swimming lakes are open seasonally.
What are my dining options at Custer State Park Resort?
As we are a seasonal destination, all Resort Dining is closed for the season as of October 18, 2020. All Resort Dining is scheduled to reopen for the 2021 Season by Friday, May 14, 2021 if not before.
Is Blue Bell's nightly Hayride & Chuckwagon Cookout operating?
As of October 10, 2020, we are closed for the season.
What other Custer State Park Resort Activities are operating?
All Custer State Park Resort activities are now available.
- Buffalo Safari Tours: Tours are now operating as normal (including winter, by advance reservation only). Masks are encouraged but not required. The jeeps are open-air. Advance Reservations required. 605-255-4388
- Safari Tour/Chuckwagon Cookout Combination: Closed for the season as of 10/10/2020.
- Trail Rides: Closed for the season as of 10/10/2020.
- Watercraft Rentals: Closed for the season as of 10/10/2020.
Has anything changed with Catering & Events?
Our catering and events team will collaborate with planners to reimagine their events with new meeting set ups, food service protocols, and specific options.
Updated: October 20, 2020