Have a few questions about preparing for your group stay in our Specialty Group Cabins in the Black Hills? Below you'll find a list of what to pack (and what not to pack) that willto make your stay less complicated and more relaxing, like it’s supposed to be.
Specialty Cabin Amenities
The Tatanka Cabin, Cathedral Spires Cabin, Ponderosa Cabin, and our Reunion Cabins make for great black hills family reunion cabins without the stress.
Each unit is stocked with your basics, and enough for the unit’s indicated capacity. This includes:
- Water Glasses
- Wine Glasses
- Serving Utensils
Each unit has a full kitchen including:
- Full-size refrigerator
- Full-size stove and oven
- Coffee Maker
- Spatuals, Slotted Spoons, Whisks, etc.
- Can Openers
- Pots and Pans
- Mixing Bowls
- Dishwasher detergent
- Dish Soap
- Dish Towels
- Gas Grill with Propane (more available by calling the Front Desk)
- Grill utensils
- Patio furniture
Each unit is stocked with toiletry items like you will find at our lodge rooms and other cabins:
- Extra Bedding for Sleeper Sofas
If needed, these are suggested to bring your own (available for purchase at Resort General Stores):
- Paper Goods/Disposables
- Dry Goods
- Ziploc Bags
- Aluminum Foil
- Large Group Meal Prep Essentials
- Food and Drink
- Easily forgotten condiments (ketchup, salt and pepper, dressing, etc)
Don't forget to coordinate your check-in to make it seamless:
- The guest name on your reservation should be the first to check-in
- The guest name on your reservation will also provide a credit card for incidentals/liabilities
- This guest can then be given as many keys as needed to distribute to other guests, so they can go straight to the Reunion Cabin (view the State Game Lodge Resort Map)
You can also inquire about catering options to make your trip as laid back as possible (coordinate in advance with Catering Office):
- The Chipmunk: Bring your own entrees, but pre-order your sides through us. Pick up at the Lodge Hostess Stand. Menu price + 20%.
- The Prairie Dog: Arrive to a fridge full of pre-selected meats ready for grilling, and pick up your pre-ordered sides from the Lodge Hostess Stand. Menu price + 20%
- The Pronghorn: Available at the Reunion Cabin or Tatanka Cabin only. Order your full buffet meal in advance and the Lodge Staff will drop it off at your requested time (along with necessary serving tools and paper plates), and pick the tools back up 2-3 hours later. Menu price + 20% + $100 drop-off fee per meal.
- The Buffalo: Available at the Reunion Cabin or Tatanka Cabin only. Enjoy the comforts of a full-service catered meal to your cabin. We provide necessary additional tables, linens, staff, and we do the dishes. We bring banquet or paper plates, forks, glasses, and napkins, and we take them back at the completion of the meal period. Menu price + 20% + minimum $350+ set-up fee.