Groups & Events Banquet Spaces
Custer State Park Resort offers some of the best cusine in South Dakota. Our expert culinary team at WR Restaurants, known for their Minervas Restaurants, carefully select and prepare only the finest ingredients and recipes. Each resort has its specialties, but all of the resorts provide a wide variety of choices. Our catering menu offers choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We also have a wide range of snack items, desserts, and beverages.
Not only does our food taste great, our meal presentation is unbeatable. Whether you choose a simple soup and sandwich buffet, or a dual-plated dinner with wild game, our chefs will make your menu choice pleasing to the eye as well as the palate.
No outside food or beverage is allowed in any of the Custer State Park banquet rooms, and all catered food must be ordered though Custer State Park Resort.
Custer State Park Resort offers full bar service at all banquet events. Liquor, wine, and beer are served and can be in the form of a cash or host bar. Kegs are not allowed in the park.
For more detailed information about our menus and pricing, please click here.
Our venue spaces in Custer State Park offer everything you will need for a successful event. All tables, chairs, and linens are included in the rental fee. Banquet service is available within all of our venue spaces. The following venue spaces are available for your upcoming coorporate event, family reunion, graduation party, or wedding reception:
Blue Bell Lodge:
White Buffalo Room (max 100) 38'X28'
If you are looking for an intimate space with a relaxed atmosphere, the White Buffalo Room is the perfect fit for you. Enjoy the beautiful views from the back deck looking down on French Creek, and add some Western flair with the ease of the Blue Bell Stables and Horse Camp nearby.
- Log building interior and exterior - Adjoining outdoor patio - Two (2) 9' windows with wood blinds - Two (2) sets of entrance/exit doors - Carpet flooring - Fixture lighting - Ceiling fans - HVAC - Telephone line - Wood-burning fireplace - Accessible restrooms
Blue Bell Lodge Meeting Room (max 40) 25'X18'
The Blue Bell Lodge meeting room is located in the east corner of Blue Bell Lodge, off the bar. With the adjoining outdoor paito, this space is perfect for a small meeting or informal dinner.
- HVAC - Adjoining outdoor patio - Carpet flooring - (3) 8' windows with wood blinds - Two (2) sets of entrance/exit doors - Fixture lighting with dimmers - Accessible restrooms in the lodge
State Game Lodge:
Built in 2008, Creekside Lodge offers a modern banquet facility and its own 30 oversized sleeping rooms. Its two banquet rooms, Coolidge Room and Norbeck Room, share an adjoining patio along the creek, perfect for an intimate dinner or coorporate meeting. Both banquet rooms are complete with built-in sound systems, as well as a built-in dry-erase board and drop-down screen.
Coolidge Room (max 70) 33'X29'
- Carpet Flooring - Adjoining outdoor patio - HVAC - Two (2) 6' windows with wood blinds - Two (2) entrance/exit doors - Recessed lighting - Telephone line with separate extension - Wi-Fi connection - Accessible restrooms in lodge
Norbeck Room (max 60) 21'X27'
- Carpet Flooring - Adjoining outdoor patio - HVAC - Two (2) entrance/exit doors - Recessed lighting - Telephone line with separate extension - Wi-Fi connection - Accessible restrooms in lodge
Pavilion (max 300) 60'X76'
Conveniently nestled amongst the pine trees directly west of the Game Lodge lies our brand new Pavilion, a pristine 4,000 square foot gabled roof shelter. With banquet seating for 300 guests, this newest addition to the State Game Lodge allows you to combine the luxurious beauty of an outdoor event with the convenience of a safe haven from an unexpected Black Hills shower. After dark, enjoy s'mores around the group fire pit.
- Wood building interior and exterior - Open-air floor plan - Cement flooring - Mesh sun shades located on long sides of building - Cement path to lodge and Lovers' Leap Deck ceremony site - Outdoor fire pit with seating - Wood-burning fireplace - Portable propane heaters - Wi-Fi connection - Recessed lighting with dimmers - Accessible restrooms - Bridal changing room
Sylvan Lake Lodge:
Auditorium (max 280) 84'x42'
Host your meeting or event in our newly-remodeled Auditorium, surrounded by Black Hills ponderosa pines. Our largest indoor banquet space, this beautiful venue features over 3,000 square feet of wood floors, tall windows with views of the forest, and a deck overlooking Sylvan Lake.
- Wood building interior and exterior - Outdoor stone patio with walkway lighting - HVAC - Telephone line - Wi-Fi connection - Wood-burning fireplace - Ceiling fans - Recessed lighting with dimmers - Fixture lighting, non-dimmable row lighting - Nine (9) 80" two-story windows with no window treatments - Three (3) sets of entrance/exit doors to the patio - 42x16' wood dance floor area sectioned off by pillars - Accessible restrooms
Veranda (max 75) 2,000 sq. feet (L-shaped outdoor space)
When dining at Sylvan Lake Lodge's restaurant, everyone wants to sit on the Veranda. This beautiful private outdoor setting surrounded by ponderosa pines can also be reserved exclusively for your group. Quiet hour is 10:00 p.m.; no amplified music, please.
- L-shaped patio - Outdoor lighting - 10' roofed area near entrance/exit door - Two (2) entrance/exit doors, one leading to the dining room and the other to the lodge - Outdoor fireplace on short side - Built-in sound system - Propane patio heaters - Wi-Fi connection - Accessible restrooms in the lodge - Beautiful views of granite spires and ponderosa pines
Sylvan Lake Lodge Meeting Room (max 20) 22'X12'
This meeting room, set adjacent to the lodge lobby, is the perfect space for a small meeting or celebration. With the dining room directly down the hall, a lunch or dinner break from your meeting is simplicity itself.
- Carpet flooring - Two (2) entrance/exit doors - Door leading directly to Veranda - HVAC - Fixture lighting - One (1) 3' window with sheer covering - Wi-Fi access - Telephone line - Accessible restrooms in lodge
Legion Lake Lodge:
Deck (max 50)
If "casual" and "lakeside" are key words for you, Legion Lake Lodge's deck provides the resort's prime lakeside dining venue. Complete with umbrellas, tiki torches, and stunning views of the natural wildlife, this venue is perfect for family reunions, rehearsal dinners, and casual lunches.
Valhalla (max 15)
This venue is available for day meeting rental only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from the end of May through September 30. Add some historical atmosphere to your meeting by hosting it in the original home built for and occupied by Peter Norbeck. Non-traditional meeting space. Seating for nine (9) at the dining table and a card table seats five (5). No Internet or A/V included. No cooking allowed in the unit. Large living room area with vaulted ceilings
Contact our Sales & Catering office today at 605.255.4672 to check availability.